It was a decision from the Women’s Forum to align with other women’s organizations and participate in campaigns as well as strengthen our expertise regarding “women issues”, and how to become an effective role player and a leading Forum for women in the retail motor sector in South Africa.
The Women’s Forum is involved in various community projects around the country as well as conducting numerous Awareness Campaigns through-out the year, for example:
- Girl/Boy-Child-At-Work Days: Introducing Grade 11 learners to the retail motor industry and career opportunities available, with specific reference to apprenticeship programmes.
- Job Shadowing: To give learners in-depth insight into an occupation of interest within the motor industry.
- Beauty and Beast Project: Rendering economically deprived girls or boys the opportunity to attend their Matric Farewell in style.
- Winter Drive: Assisting the elderly and less fortunate with much needed supplies.
- Cancer Awareness.
- 16 Days of Activism against Women and Children Abuse.
For more information on the Women’s Forum or to get involved, contact Karen Schoonraad (Women’s Forum National Secretary) on t: +27 41 364 0102 or e-mail: Karen@ms.org.za.
For more information or to get involved in projects within your Region or Community, you are welcome to contact the following Regional Representatives:
Heidi Reid – Principal
t: +27 41 399 2804 | email@example.com
Michelle Marx – Alternate
t: +27 41 402 9400 | firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE STATE/NORTHERN CAPE
t: +27 51 400 0000 | email@example.com
Nava Annamalay – Principal
t: +27 33 392 4444 | firstname.lastname@example.org
t: +27 21 417 3800 | email@example.com
t: +27 21 528 0420| firstname.lastname@example.org
NORTHERN – Pretoria and surround
Bernadine Harmse – Principal
t: +27 12 339 0748 | email@example.com
Samantha Lourens – Alternate
t: +27 12 663 5810 | firstname.lastname@example.org
HIGHVELD – Johannesburg and surround
Prabashni Naicker – Principal
t: +27 11 457 0200 | email@example.com
Claire Bower – Alternate
t: +27 11 456 9207 | firstname.lastname@example.org